Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Trendy Fashion Finds for Less


I spend my days now on 5th Avenue. That's where "work" is located. And trust me it's a blast - but not always kind to my wallet. Especially when my route back to the Subway consists of some of my favorite stores along the way. I've had to find ways to get great looks - for less - and I'm happy to share!

I like to frequent H & M. They have everything from casual to "fashion business professional" and I can usually find what I'm looking for. Two weeks ago when I stopped in I felt like I was back in grade school. There were Mickey Mouse over-sized sweatshirts, every color of leggings one could imagine, and flat fabric white shoes. Remember when everyone had a pair of plain white shoes? Usually Keds or something similar! Some were even shiny. And you would have tall colored socks to go with your top - well guess what that's all coming back!

Now I would suggest not picking up a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt and wearing it to your next dinner party - but have a little fun w/your casual wear every now and then. At low prices why not have a little fun.

Tonight I stopped in H & M to find a gift for my cousin's birthday and of course had to browse the jewelry and accessories section. Naturally, I was drawn to the turquoise and gold earrings (pictured above). Turquoise is my all-time favorite color and I'm really into gold accessories right now. Forget about the old rule "you can't wear silver and gold at the same time!" I love mixing both and making my outfit over the top! The best part about my jewelry finds tonight - they were practically a steal!

Pictured above are the headbands and pair of earrings I bought. My total was less than $11! What if you don't live near a H & M? Shop online at http://www.hm.com/us/#/startns/. Another reason I love their website - you can go to the Fashion Studio and put clothes combinations together before purchasing! No need to worry if that top and bottom will go together - see if before you buy it!

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Those earrings are so YOU!! I love them :) Your little cousin is a lucky girl to get a package for her birthday from NYC from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO....Nancy Anderson will be joining this blog. She has broke the rule of gold and silver together so many times!!!!!!!! and now it comes from an expert from NYC. It is ok!! Cute earrings. I remember H and M....fun place to shop...and deals make it even better.

    ReplyDelete