Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy 8th Birthday Olivia!


Today was my cousin Olivia's 8th birthday! She is such a little diva - and has a big heart! She has a love for animals and a great passion for life at such a young age. My younger sister and I love to "play makeup" with her. We like to give my uncle a hard time because we tend to make her look older for the day - it's so fun though!

I called her on my way to the Subway tonight and wished her a happy birthday. I love how honest kids are and clueless in an innocent way. She told me what she did for her birthday and watching Black Beauty was a top priority. I made the comment that I hadn't seen that movie in years and this is what she told me "Well I will let you borrow mine!" How sweet of her - yet she knows I'm in an entirely different state! And doesn't realize the effort it would take to "borrow" her copy of Black Beauty.

I remember what it was like to be eight - I didn't have a care in the world. My biggest concern in life was whether or not Mom would let Kelli stay overnight both Friday and Saturday - or if I could stay at her place one night and hers at mine - you get the idea!

Anyways - I guess what I'm trying to say is don't forget the little things in life that make you happy. Take time each day for yourself and your family. Remind those you love that they are special to you. It's okay to act like a kid sometimes - it might trigger fond memories from your past.

Happy Birthday Olivia - I miss you! Hope you enjoy your gift I sent!
(Image above - Olivia and I at my Iowa State graduation ceremony)

**Tomorrow I'll be at SAKS 5th Avenue in Manhattan with the Lancome PR team. Designer Chris Benz and Makeup Artist Daniel Martin will be there to sign the highly sought after lipstick Chris & Tell. Purchase one there - good luck finding them anywhere right now - even ebay has them priced around $80!

No comments:

Post a Comment