Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Need Help Applying Makeup?

To say I love makeup is an understatement. I love everything about it. The colors, the texture, the intensity it can create. Makeup can make or break an outfit - dress up or dress down an outfit. Makeup makes people come alive on the "big screen." One can never have enough makeup - unless there's more than enough on your face.

When I first expressed an interest in makeup Mom always told me to make it look natural. That's just what I did - and spiced it up a bit. I had my standard "natural" look with neutral colors and fun glosses, but that wasn't the case every day. I began buying colors that matched my clothes and jewelry.

One thing that always gets to me though is when women think they need a lot of makeup to make a dramatic look. Not true gals - less can mean more. It's all in the application and what look you're trying to create.

I suggest watching makeup how-to-videos online. Lots of young and older women have started creating how-to's of their favorite looks. This is super helpful for those of us NOT YET BRAVE ENOUGH to try new makeup trends. So I am going to try and post a few of my favorite how-to guru's on my blog. I encourage you - yes you - to try and refresh your makeup routine. And don't tell me you don't need to wear makeup to work - everyone should feel like a GLAMAZON inside and out.

Michelle Phan is a YouTube sensation as millions of women watch her make how-to video's daily!


Now that you're inspired - start mixing color and have fun already =)






1 comment:

  1. You have really helped me! I love the eye colors you picked out for me. Thanks for all your help. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete