Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fashion Week is Approaching in "High Style"


As I walked to the Post Office at Rockefeller Center this afternoon I couldn't help but hear loud whistles across the street. One, I'm not surprised there was a loud noise coming from across the street on 5th Avenue. Two, I was not surprised to learn that it was a group of protesters - all busy blowing on their whistles and waving their signs high in the air. I never got close enough to see what they were protesting, but one clip from a movie came to mind. Remember in Sex and the City the Movie when Samantha was leaving a fashion show in NYC and an animal rights protester threw red juice on her beautiful white fur coat - yeah that image came to mind. And for a minute I had to remind myself I was in New York City and it was days away from Fashion Week 2010!

Which leads me to my next point - I might as well have titled this post in "high demand." For all those fashion and beauty lovers who aren't with me here in New York City to witness the craziness - Fashion Week 2010 starts February 11th. For me this has meant many hours of preparation in the beauty world that now consumes my life - but I can't complain one bit! Even if I'd be lucky enough to score a ticket to see first-hand a much loved designer's Fall preview I'd still have one thing in mind - the makeup and "beauty" behind the clothes.

What does this mean for you? I mean let's be real right - even if you happen to score a ticket to a great show previewing the latest trends - can you afford to go out and buy it? First, I'm going to do my best to bring you the best fashion news I can. Secondly, I want to help you find the places that have great fashion at a price everyone can afford. Most importantly, if you can't afford the clothes - there's always great makeup to make an outfit complete.

In my mind the makeup is just as important at these shows as the clothes and models who wear them - so I promise to keep you posted on all the fun things I discover in the next week to come!

The picture above was taken during Fashion Week 2009 in New York. My mom came for a visit (more like a couple) when I was an intern last Spring. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Abby.....would Kailey and I die to be in NYC right now. When we were there for a visit, Bryant Park and where Fashion week was held was on the agenda!!!!!!! A young girl who loves Project Runway with the clothes, makeup and model. Someday we will be there during Fashion Week. What an experience......have fun and keep sharing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete