Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

One Person Who has Never Forgotten Me on Valentine's Day





There has been one man in my life who has never forgotten a single Valentine's Day. Each February 14th that comes along he has promptly had a single red rose waiting at home for me. When I moved out of the house for college he found a way to get them to my dorm. And for the last two years he has wrapped them gently and placed them in a box along with other goodies and sent to New York.

This man used to play just about every sport in the book - well almost. If you ask him he'll say all the "manly ones." He played football in college and still thinks he's a legend there - haha. Recently this man has helped with a hobby of mine - designing jewelry. If I stumble along something I really want but wish I could make it myself he finds a way to make it happen. I think it's safe to say he's a little addicted himself (and he is going to kill me for spilling all this info!).

Pictured above are the roses he shipped to New York and one of the two necklaces he designed for me and sent for Valentine's Day. They are gorgeous and I have received many compliments!

I think it's safe to say that all men do have a "softer" side. Football buff and baseball whiz now designing jewelry - I'd say that's pretty neat! Of course he hasn't given up on the "tougher" side - just last night we discussed the latest Topps cards that I'm sent to look for in New York. And one thing you might not guess about me - I always have a blank regulation size baseball and permanent marker in my handbag JUST IN CASE I RUN INTO A NEW YORK YANKEE BASEBALL PLAYER!

If you haven't guessed this important man in my life yet - it's my dad. He is truly one of the most amazing people in my life. And as I celebrate this Valentine's Day single for the first time in years, I hope that someday I can meet a guy just like my dad.


Stay tuned - tomorrow is my first show I'll be working backstage this year! I'll update frequently this week!

1 comment:

  1. I saw the necklace before your mom sent it!!! It was awesome. Your dad is so talented at that......very sweet message. Happy Valentines Day Abby!!!!!! Someday you will meet a guy as sweet as your dad. Michelle

    ReplyDelete