Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

For Beauty Inspiration Inside & Out - Read the March Issue of Latina Magaine





The Lancôme Boutique was not hush hush about their guest Monday night, Arlenis Sosa. Lancôme and Latina magazine gathered to celebrate the March cover featuring Arlenis Sosa! Sosa has recently walked the runways of Fashion Week Fall 2010 in NYC. She is the newest spokesmodel for jewelry designer David Yurman. I have had my eye on a couple pieces by Yurman for quite some time - for now they'll have to remain on the "wish list." Sosa has made quite an impact on the beauty and fashion industry. But one thing seems to be set in stone for Sosa - staying loyal to those that matter most in life, her family and friends.

I have had the privilege of working with Arlenis and visiting with her here and there. She is truly an inspiring young women. I can pick her out in almost any magazine by one characteristic - her thick, gorgeous eyebrows. Throughout high school and college I received compliments on my eyebrows (that are also black and thick but precise) and thought it was a little odd. It doesn't bother me one bit now!

Perhaps there's other reasons why Sosa makes me feel like I'm visiting with a friend from back home, her ability to relate to a small town. According to the article in Latina magazine, Sosa grew up in a town of 1,200 people. I grew up in a town of 4,000. We both understand what it's like to have close relationships with family and friends and the importance to keep those relationships strong. Sosa also Skype's with her family back home - which is something I try to do every Sunday!

Among guests at the Lancôme Boutique on the upper west side of Manhattan were Editor in Chief of Latina Mimi Valdes, Pop Singer Kat DeLuna and MTV host Julissa Bermudez (pictured above w/Sosa). Makeup Artist' Sandy Linter and Scott Barnes were there - of course both looked amazing as well.

Sorry my images are not clear - the place was packed and I was busy running around! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you and congrats to Arlenis on a great cover.

    PS.I used 2 photos from your blog and linked back to your site.

    :)

    ReplyDelete