Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Look What YouTube has Done!

Where were you when you first logged onto the Internet? I'm assuming it was not high-speed or on your Blackberry. I remember my family's first computer - it was a Gateway desktop that we actually used out of my bedroom. My first e-mail account was with Hotmail. And I can still remember the sound of dial-up connections. But those days are gone - and have been replaced with website's like YouTube.

Michelle Phan is a YouTube sensation. Millions have watched her makeup how-to-videos. Millions have learned how to create the perfect "smoky eye" and the best look for a first date - how to wear makeup like Lady Gaga and perfect the quality of their skin from Phan.

So I'm not surprised that a luxury beauty brand like Lancome has teamed up with Phan to become the first company to have a video makeup artist. Phan films all her YouTube videos in the comfort of her own home and has zero special equipment to get the job done! Amazing!

I had the privilege of meeting Phan today - she is as pleasant as she seems on YouTube. It is so refreshing that a reputable company like Lancome is giving an average person like myself such an amazing opportunity. Congrats Lancome and Michelle!

Here is the link to Michelle's exciting announcement! What better timing then during Fashion Week where beauty is an important ingredient to runway shows.

2 comments:

  1. I have been watching a ton of her videos. They so interesting! I wish I had all that makeup that she does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Great post! And forget all those haters Michelle is clearly great for the brand! How was the show?

    ReplyDelete