Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Beauty of Friendship



After my family, my friends are most important. My group of friends (girls and guys both) have been through a lot together. We have witnessed all of life's moments good and bad - birthday's, graduations, new careers, fights, milestones, break-ups, first car, death, graduation, getting into trouble, birth, engagements, weddings, moving to a new state, "first this" and "first that." I couldn't pick a better group of people than the ones I left in Iowa to share these memorable moments with.

Why talk about friendship today? Because I have been sick this week, worked a ton the last several weeks and have missed my friends like crazy! If you know even one thing about me, I have to spend as much time as I possibly can with my friends. Even if it means pulling an all-nighter, holding their hair back while they puke, threatening to kill the guy who broke her heart, or drinking b's with the boys - well you get the picture.

Today when I got home from work I had a package from my dear friend Jen. Inside I found some "favorites from home." Call me an emotional sap or maybe I was just really tired, but I read her card and cried. It feels amazing to know that my friends from back home have not forgotten the beauty behind a true friendship!

And.......the beauty of a true friendship is sharing each other's happiest moments in life! Yesterday my friend Nicole had her first baby and got engaged the moment she held her son for the first time. I'm happy for her and pray that her new little family is well.

So pictures above are of my friend Jen and I from this past Summer and the care package she sent me today! I love you Jen, thanks for the wonderful gift!

And to all my other friends back home - I miss you lots and want you to visit soon!

Share with me a memorable moment with a dear friend of yours - I'd love to hear!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Abby,
    You asked for a memorable moment so I'll fill you in on one. YOUR mother...my dear, dear friend....she and a few other crazy ladies MADE me apply for a job a Hooter's! The worst part was when the gal yells out for the manager that I wanted an application in front of a bunch of patrons! Yeah right....an "almost 50" year old woman wanting to be a Hooter! I know what you mean about good friends....they are priceless! Thanks for sharing your experiences in NYC... It's fun to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!
    I'm so sad I missed this incredible moment! They sure love ya! Thanks for sharing and reading!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete