Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

2 Months Already?!

Sorry I have been away for a few days - I truly live in the "city that never sleeps." Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a 8-5 job, go home, make supper and have the rest of the night to relax. Right now, that's not me. And I'm fine with it. Let's talk about loving what you do and making it a priority.

Recently, a lot of people have asked me why I chose public relations. I'm going to be real honest with you - I accidentally signed up for communications classes after I quit pursuing my dream to become an architect. Go ahead laugh, I think it's ridiculous too. I'm in beauty now!

So I thought I was signed up to take hotel, restaurant and event planning courses. I was wrong - I was in public relations classes and had no clue what "PR" was. And to be real honest, it took me a year to figure out exactly what "PR" was.

Working in public relations in the beauty and fashion industry, there is no "that can wait until tomorrow." Everything is important. "This magazine needs lipstick X, Y and Z in the next hour, make it happen!" Most days I will hear my stomach growl and think "Why am I hungry this early?" and realize quickly it's already two in the afternoon.

What I'm trying to say is - I have seen and heard many people talk about not liking their job. They seem to be stuck in a world where they think they can't find something better because there is no time, resources, etc. to make it happen. WRONG! The reason I have titled this blog entry "2 Months Already?" is because I just realized I have already been here for two months. Two months, I feel like I just got here. Besides missing people - I'm not homesick. And I don't have any regrets. I know I feel this way because I have found work I truly love doing.

I started reading The Secret this past weekend and found one entry that sparked my interest. Jack Canfield wrote "Most of us have never allowed ourselves to want what we truly want, because we can't see how it's going to manifest." He is right - many of us fear "going for the gold" because we don't know how we're going to get there.

So make your life happen! I am a firm believer in there are no limits - go for everything you want in life and more.

Tell me your goals. The first step is knowing what you want. What's something crazy you want to do before it's too late?!

Stay tuned - I recently took a huge leap of faith and will share details soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment