Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Guess Who's Going to Austria & What 5 Staple Products Should You Take on Your Next Trip?!

Not me - but I wish. Jenna, my little sister, is going to study abroad. She just found out today, I made sure I was one of the first to find out. I'm so excited for her - talk about loving life and seeing all the beauty out there. I have typically been the one in the family to venture the unknown but this is one adventure I haven't taken - studying or traveling abroad. Mexico w/friends on Spring Break doesn't count (even though it was a blast).

I have one college regret - not studying abroad. I think it's silly not to when you can get credit for it! I'm especially excited for Jenna because our family background is rooted in Germany so she will be close. She will spend two weeks learning and exploring. I'll be honest - I'm super jealous. Jenna doesn't have all the details yet so I'll keep you posted. Sometimes in life you have to just go for the things you really want, even if you don't know all that it'll become.

And if you're anything like me when it comes to packing for a long vacation, you don't start packing early and you always pack way too much. Or you bring every pair of shoes you own when two or three will do. I have mastered my beauty bag though. And here's what I'd recommend if you HAVE TO PACK LIGHT...

  • Daily moisturizer w/SPF - especially if you'll be sightseeing all day long
  • Mascara of your choice - I recommend Lancôme's Oscillation Mascara
  • Lipgloss w/a hint of color - I'm addicted to Lancôme's Juicy Tubes in Simmer, Spring Fling & Hallucination
  • Blush to give your cheeks a pop of color - my current favorite is Lancôme's Blush Subtil in Cappucine
  • Hair paste - lately I've been using Aquage Transforming Paste, it can go on wet or dry hair and give you a casual look for day and sexy for night
Where is your ideal travel destination? I'm always curious to see where other people want to go! Best wishes to my sister on the preparations for her trip. I'm truly excited for you, Jenna!


3 comments:

  1. ahhh!!! that is one of my regrets from college too...never taking the opportunity to study abroad!!

    and currently, my ideal travel destination is either australia or a trip around europe :) but who knows, that could change tomorrow!! now if i just made enough money to actually travel...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and me both kaitylyn! i want to go to bora bora for some reason. let's do europe together that would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete