Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fashion Designers At Every Age




I like to think that being brought up in the Midwest has made me appreciate all types of fashion. I left for a date the other night and was told I was wearing a lot of color for living in New York City. Guess what I was wearing? Dark, skinny jeans from Guess, a coral button up with a blue sweater over top from Gap and gold accessories from Forever 21. I was in shock. Culture shock more like it. If I wore all black, every day, like most people do here in the city, I don't think I'd like the reaction I'd get back home.

So I was really excited when I saw designs from two students at Forest City Elementary. Kennedy Baker and Sabrina Massie sketched a few designs of their own and sent them to me in New York. Sabrina's "crazy dress" would make a statement here in New York City. It reminds me of a ruffled coral jacket I saw on Peter Som's runway in February. Kennedy's color palette resembles the rainbow of color I saw at Chris Benz. Kennedy must have known I love accessories because her "line" comes complete w/shoes and a purse!

And last but not least, the latest necklace designed by my dad arrived on Saturday. The weather is trying to warm up and I've seen more of the sun lately, so fashion should compliment this awakening. Like I mentioned in an earliest post, I love gold and copper tones, so I was especially thrilled to see this piece arrive. It's a copper chain with multi-colored beads falling gently. I love it!

Sabrina's work is the "crazy" and "big, big dress" and Kennedy's is the sketch with splashes of color.

More exciting fashion news (and I might get yelled at for sharing) my dad designed a young girl's prom jewelry last week. I'm told it matched her dress nicely and was fabulous! If you want unique jewelry for your next special occasion contact me and I'll design w/him!

If you are a fan of nail color check out Essie's "not your grandmother's" pastel shades for Spring. Some of the shades are similar to the color used in Kennedy's sketches. I have seen lots of women wearing the pastel purple, pink and nude around the office. Each Essie bottle is only $8. Get yourself ready for warm weather with these inspiring looks above.






2 comments:

  1. i can't believe your dad makes that jewelry! it's so awesome!! miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is by far the second best blog ever! I wish you would have a post about your sister's flamingo though

    ReplyDelete