Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!




Sorry I have been away for a week. There's so much to catch up on! Happy St. Patrick's Day from New York City. The barricades went up on Fifth Avenue last night to prepare for the parade today...and they needed them. New Yorkers and tourists lined the sidewalks of Fifth Ave. early this afternoon to watch the St. Paddy's Day parade.

Looking out the 32nd floor window of the
L'Oreal headquarters (where I work) I could see a sea of green below. The festivities were in full-swing. You would not believe some of the green attire I saw today. The music was constant until 4p.m.

At lunch Nine Cakes of New York City was selling miniature cupcakes to celebrate the day. I chose the chocolate whiskey (pictured above). I joked with Brianna that for a $1 I got a little buzz over the lunch hour because the whiskey flavor was strong. It was not the best cupcake I've had yet in NYC. Yesterday, we had Sugar Sweet Sunshine to celebrate my boss' birthday and they were delicious!

I can't help but think that around this week last year I had friends visiting from back home. Tis the season for Spring Break and getting away for a week. And the weather was perfect for just that. You can see (in my picture above) I stepped out in my Zara dress and cardigan and was comfortable. It was hard to go back inside to work. I will not be drinking green beer tonight but to all those who do, please be careful.

Happy St. Patrick's Day from New York City! Stay tuned - I'm going to leave "the city" this weekend for a little exploring.

2 comments: