Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Got Threaded


I have always gone to Sue Byro at the Forestor Salon in Forest City, Iowa to get a waxing. She does a great job and has maintained an eyebrow shape I've liked for myself since High School. Unfortunately, I can't make it home once a month when my eyebrows turn unruly. So a friend of mine in NY told me about threading. I had heard of it before but was really scared. But, for a really low price of $6 I couldn't argue. So I went today and....

my eyebrows looked amazing in just minutes. I will admit mine were REALLY bad so it hurt a little. But now that I have a place in New York I can trust I should be able to maintain and it'll be less painful. The upper lip was a little more painful than the brow. Threading is good for people who have sensitive skin that wax might otherwise irritate.

Threading pulls hair from the root and is therefore less likely to grow back as quick. Doesn't that sound great?! Threading has been done for many years and is an art. I would make sure to find a professional before you try. And I did not want my eyebrows to disappear so I made sure to tell them I want the same shape just cleaned up!

Feel free to ask me any questions - I was really skeptical but am glad I did it!

I found the image above on Google when I did a little research before I went.

2 comments:

  1. A nice brow shaped to style looks very nice with all the facial hair removed.I think that is the first step to looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. If you start with great grooming habits your makeup looks that much better!

    ReplyDelete