Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Old Friends Are Like Vintage Jewelry





I recently read an article about vintage jewelry and it's popularity. I promise to talk more about this, soon! For now, I'd like to share more photos and moments from my trip home for my five year high school reunion. I was definitely grateful for my Lancome Hypnose Waterproof Mascara this weekend.

I met a guy today from upstate New York. The usual response is "Wow, that must have been so hard to leave your family and friends back home!" Of course I say yes. And then I usually reply with a huge shocker, "I'm from a town of 4,000 people and there were maybe 120 in my graduating class." Only difference this time, I was the one in shock. He is also from a small town and graduated with roughly 80 people. It was so refreshing talking to someone who understood my urgency to make it home this past weekend.

I can remember so many nights just laughing, drinking, eating, playing cards, etc. in someones kitchen like the picture above. And the picture with the beautiful blonde, that's B-Lo. I'm A-Lo. These nicknames stemmed from one of the best years growing up - senior year in high school.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, friends are like vintage jewelry. You might not wear/talk to them every day, but they're an important accessory to always treasure.

And the cute little pup is my dog Sadie, I miss her a lot!


2 comments:

  1. Well said Abby - you having amazing friends!
    p.s. Sadie misses you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Abz I miss you so much and love you to the moon and back!!!

    ReplyDelete