Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Start to My Summer Goes Something Like This




Hi everyone, I finally moved!! Which is why I haven't been on here for quite a while. We do not have Internet yet, and in some respect it has been kind of nice. I thought I'd give you a quick update before I leave the office.

My new place (95 Wall St.) has everything I need to be comfortable and successful AND MORE! I've posted a picture above of the kitchen. Let's be real, I'm not much of a cook. But the chandelier is gorgeous and makes me feel like I no longer live in a cramped apartment in NYC.
I was walking down Wall St. the other night to get home and noticed red carpet and a large crowd in front of Cipriani. Naturally, the tourist inside of me decided to stop and check it out. A fundraiser was being held and among guests I caught a glimpse of were JLO and Marc Anthony (I will put pictures up soon). I also snapped a quick shot of a guy I thought looked like Bernie Williams. Well, I realized later it was him. So much for getting my baseball (that's been in my purse & unsigned for more than a year now) signed. I'm pretty sure my Dad has lost all faith in getting an autograph from me...

I've also been able to get my beads back out and start designing some jewelry. From the necklaces pictured above, the one that has my favorite color in it (turqouise) was designed by Dad. He continues to WOW ME WITH HIS DESIGNS!! The brown necklace is a piece I made for my old roommate, Em. Stay tuned, because I'm working on some great pieces for Summer.

Speaking of Summer, if you're reading this and you don't live in NYC...don't be jealous. The Subways seem to be extra crowded now that it's super hot out. I also feel like some people have mistakenly forgotten to put deodorant on that day!!

Lastly, I have to give Iowa State a shout out today. An adviser from Iowa State visited and I learned that not only do we have roughly 30 students doing internships in New York, but some of the companies they are working for include: Ralph Lauren, L'Oreal, US Weekly and InStyle magazine. These are just to name a few, trust me...only a few. Go Cyclones! I also got a copy of the latest TREND issue and it is full of amazing fashion & beauty...congrats, TREND on a great issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment