Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

My Visit to the First Manhattan Target Store







Being a loyal Target fan from the Midwest I have been lost without my frequent shopping visits. In fact, when I look back on my internship last year in New York, I went the entire time without stepping foot in a Target. So when I heard rumors a few weeks ago that a new Target store was to open in Manhattan, I went through the roof. It was over mom's visit to the city that I realized all the ads for the new store opening. They covered the entire length of Subway cars, splashed billboards in Times Square and made the front cover of daily New York papers. Last Thursday, I was walking down Bleecker Street when I noticed a tote from the new Target. It was love at first sight.


I made it my mission on Saturday to check out the new location. I shopped like I had never stepped foot in one. I was able to find a couple summer dresses, casual tanks and tees. I think the thing I was most excited about was the grocery section. I don't remember the last time I saw a box of cereal for less than $5.99... let me repeat, $5.99 for one box! Let's just say I stocked up on my Honey Nut Cheerios and granola bars, what a delicious price it was.


Perhaps the only dangerous part about Target being in Manhattan is how simple it was to get there. I hopped on the 6 train and got off in East Harlem where a Target shuttle bus dropped me off at the front door and took me back to the train. Way too convenient! Anyways, tonight's blog is about simple pleasures. In college I can remember weeks where we'd go to Target several times for cheap food and clothes, not anymore.


I'll make sure to post pics from mom's visit soon. We were blasted by thunderstorms at the game Friday night and listened to great music at Rock of Ages on Sunday night. She was also treated to Serendipity for dessert which always tastes amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment