Let's Chat!

I'm here to report, listen & learn about the beauty of life!

Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My August Update








Hi, everyone! I'm still without Internet and going crazy... which is why I've been MIA. Since my post about Target a lot has happened.


Mom visited New York the weekend of her 50th birthday. It was a perfect mix of loving the city and the beauty it has to offer. We went to a Yankee's game Friday night. My wish finally came true (my 1st rain delay in the stadium) so that I could spend some extra time exploring (and maybe drinking the beer and eating pretzels). I was happy to be wearing La Base Pro under my makeup because I was soaked and yet my makeup stayed in place. Kaitlyn, if you're reading, I would highly recommend you and your friends wear this under your makeup for your friends wedding. Mom and I also made it to Serendipity for dessert and Stone St. for my favorite pizza. I was lucky enough to have her around to help me shop for a dress for the Eat, Pray, Love screening I attended last week. We explored the dress floors at SAKS Fifth Avenue, it was by far one of my favorite memories from living here so far. If you ask mom what her favorite moment of her trip was, she'd probably tell you meeting the Lancome PR team. She was given a sneak peek into the "beauty closet" and went home with a few of Lancome goodies. Her favorite Lancome product is Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate and mine is Genifique Cream Serum.It layers well under makeup! We also made it to Rock of Ages on Broadway.

I've had a really busy last week. As you probably know, Julia Roberts is now a Lancome ambassadress and is the star of Eat, Pray, Love. Lancome held a private screening for makeup artists. The interns were a huge help preparing for the event, see picture above.

Last night I attended the premeire of Nany McPhee Returns starring Maggie Gyllenhaal and Emma Thompson. I have to say it was the most surreal moment sitting in my seat at the movie theater and knowing the stars of the film were only two rows behind me. Lancome donated product for the goody bags and I was lucky enough to attend.

And to my cousin Ben, there is no way you are 9 months old today!! Stop growing, please. I need to get home and see you!!

How is everyone's Summer going? As quick as mine?

1 comment:

  1. of course I'm reading :) and thanks for the tip!! I'll see if I can get some before the wedding!

    i LOVE the dress you wore to the Eat Pray Love thing! super super cute!!

    glad your momma could visit you! so fun! can't wait until I find a time to come visit... hopefully sometime soon! i need my serendipity fix....and i guess it'd be pretty awesome to see you too :) haha

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete